It was great to meet a few of you in San Francisco yesterday. We’re looking forward to getting a CLL Support Group going there in 2017.
Today in the Conference Coverage section of the CLL Society website, we’ve posted an interview with Dr. George Follows where he talks about the changing management of CLL and what the patient’s role is to get the best possible care. You can view my interview here.
Patient & Caregiver Support Meetings
NEW! Tuesday, November 1st at 6:30 PM at the Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center in Tampa, FL – the first meeting of a new CLL Patient & Caregiver Support and Education Group. Patients and family caregivers are welcome. You can find more information here!
Tuesday, November 1st at 7:00 PM in Tucker, GA: The Tucker Family Support Group sponsored by LLS will be meeting. More information here.
Wednesday, November 2nd from 4:00 – 5:00 PM in La Jolla, CA: The UCSD CLL Education and Support Group will be meeting. More information here.
Thursday, November 3rd at 7:00 PM in New City, NY: The CLL Information & Support Group of Rockland County NY, sponsored by LLS will be meeting. More information here.
If you’re aware of other CLL Patient Support Group meetings, let us know and we’ll post them. Thanks!
Post-ASH CLL Patient Educational Forum at City of Hope
We’re excited to announce that on Saturday, December 17th, in partnership with City of Hope Medical Center and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, the CLL Society will be hosting the second annual Post-ASH CLL Educational Forum at City of Hope. Dr. Tanya Siddiqi will be presenting on the latest data on Diagnosis and Frontline Treatment and Dr. Steven Rosen will present on Relapsed Disease and Novel Therapies. You can access the flyer here and pre-registration is requested. We look forward to seeing you there.
Patient Education Meetings
From time to time, we will make you aware of in-person Patient Education meetings coming up for those of us affected by CLL and lymphoma, specifically:
- Wednesday, November 16th at 6 PM at the Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport – Mall of America in Bloomington, MN: The Lymphoma Research Foundation will be hosting Updates on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma as part of their Ask the Doctor series. Timothy Call, from the Mayo Clinic is the featured speaker. You can find out more information and register here. Dinner will be served and there is no charge to attend.
- Friday, November 18th from 7:30 AM to 2:15 PM at the Hilton Hotel City Avenue in Philadelphia, PA: The Abramson Cancer Center in partnership with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society will be hosting 9th Focus on Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma and Bone Marrow/Stem Cell Transplantation Conference. Anthony Mato is the featured speaker for the CLL Workshop. You can find out more information and register here.
Heads Up! The CLL Society has become aware of a series of unbranded (no specific drug discussion) patient education meetings coming up in November. CLL patients will share their personal stories, and local CLL experts will be providing a talk on the basics of CLL. A complimentary meal will be provided and parking is free. You are welcome to bring a guest.
One member of the CLL Society will be at each meeting to show a brief video and give a talk about the impact support and education groups have had on their CLL journey. We will provide practical tips and support for setting up a local CLL group and will stay afterwards to meet with attendees who may be interested in participating in a support group in those areas. We look forward to meeting you there. The next 3 confirmed meetings are:
- Thursday, November 10th in Metairie, LA. More details in the flyer. Access it here.
- Thursday, November 15th in Independence, OH. More details in the flyer. Access it here.
- Wednesday, November 16th in Austin, TX. More details in the flyer. Access it here.
In the meantime….
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD