This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
Take Away Points
- The many extra tubes of blood drawn at research clinics are a valuable resource for CLL research.
- Each specimen is linked with time-specific detailed clinical data.
- One single tube of blood can be used in several different studies.
- Serial samples over time are critical for research.
- The CRC biorepository contains samples since 1998.
At the CRC meeting in April 2015, I interviewed Donna Neuberg , Sc. D. from Dana Farber Cancer Institute who explains what the researchers do with the extra 10 tubes of blood drawn at every visit to see Dr. Kipps.
It actually makes biostatistics pretty interesting. Let’s us forgive the greedy phlebotomist for their excesses at our expense.
Please enjoy the interview.
Brian Koffman 8/4/15