Dr. Jeff Sharman from Springfield, Oregon explains how clinical trials are developing from our conversation late in 2015 at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) 2015 Annual Meeting in Orlando.
Take Away Points:
- Until drugs are approved, it is hard to combine drugs.
- High-risk disease is much more common after treatment than at the time of diagnosis.
- It is critical to take our meds as they are prescribed.
- Patients must insist on repeated FISH testing after relapse but before treatment starts again.
- Many exciting clinical trial are available.
Dr. Sharman clearly explains how the treatments are rapidly changing, why it is important to have a CLL expert on your team, why we must be smart about our disease, and why trials are often our best option.
Please give a listen to Dr. Jeff Sharman:
Dr. Brian Koffman 6/22/16