This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
I’m back in the swing of things and have caught up on sleep finally.
This week in the Conference Coverage section, we’ve posted an interview with Dr. Jeff Jones from ASH 2015 where we discussed the use of venetoclax for those who relapse after ibrutinib and idelalisib. You can view that interview here.
We are pleased to announce that a new CLL Patient & Caregiver Support and Education Group will be starting in partnership with the Levine Cancer Institute – Morehead in Charlotte, North Carolina. The first meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 18th at 6:30 PM. Patients and family caregivers are welcome. Find out more about dates and registration here.
From time to time, we will make you aware of in-person meetings coming up for those of us affected by CLL, specifically:
- Monday, September 19th at 10 AM at at The Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow, Scotland: The CLL Support Association (CLLSA) is hosting a 2016 Glasgow Members Conference. Alison McCaig a consultant in the haematology department of the Royal Alexandra Hospital will be the featured speaker. You can find out more information and register here. Lunch and refreshments will be served and there is no charge to attend for members.
- Wednesday, September 21st at 6 PM at the New York Marriott East Side in New York City: The Lymphoma Research Foundation will be hosting Updates on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma as part of their Ask the Doctor series. Rick Furman from New York Presbyterian – Weill Cornell Medical (also part of the CLL Society Medical Advisory Board) is the featured speaker. You can find out more information and register here. Dinner will be served and there is no charge to attend.
Heads Up! The CLL Society has become aware of a series of unbranded patient meetings coming up in September and October (with a few more to come in November and December). CLL patients will share their personal stories, and local CLL experts will be providing a talk on the basics of CLL. A complimentary meal will be provided and parking is free. You are welcome to bring a guest.
One member of the CLL Society will be at each meeting to show a brief video and give a talk about the impact support groups have had on their CLL journey. We will also have an exhibit table and will stay afterwards to meet with attendees who may be interested in participating in a support group in those areas. We look forward to meeting you there. The first 3 confirmed meetings are:
- Tuesday, September 6th in Rosemont, IL at the Chicago Marriott Suites O’Hare. More details can be found in the flyer. Access it here.
- Saturday, September 17th in Long Island, NY at Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place, in Carle Place, NY. More details can be found in the flyer. Access it here.
- Wednesday, September 21st in Madison, WI at Gilda’s Club Madison. More details can be found in the flyer. Access it here.
In the meantime….
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD