Today in the 2016 Conference Coverage section of the CLL Society website, we’ve posted an interview with Dr. Michael Hallek about the unmet needs in CLL as well as his approach to addressing them through research. You can view my interview here.
If you have not yet participated in our Reader Poll to give us feedback about how we’re doing and what topics you would like to see covered in the future, please take 2 minutes and do so if you have time. You can access it here. We appreciate the input we’ve received so far and would love to receive more. Thank you.
Patient & Caregiver Support Meetings
Tuesday, October 11th at 7:00 PM. The Orange County CLL Support Group will meet at UC Irvine, Orange, CA. More details can be found here.
NEW! Tuesday, October 18th at 6:30 PM at the Levine Cancer Institute in Charlotte, NC – the first meeting of a new CLL Patient & Caregiver Support and Education Group. Patients and family caregivers are welcome. Find out more about dates and registration here.
NEW! Tuesday, November 1st at 6:30 PM at the Moffitt McKinley Outpatient Center in Tampa, FL – the first meeting of a new CLL Patient & Caregiver Support and Education Group. Patients and family caregivers are welcome. You can find more information here!
If you’re aware of other CLL Patient Support Group meetings, let us know and we’ll post them. Thanks!
Patient Education Meetings
From time to time, we will make you aware of in-person Patient Education meetings coming up for those of us affected by CLL and lymphoma, specifically:
- Wednesday, November 16th at 6 PM at the Hilton Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport – Mall of America in Bloomington, MN: The Lymphoma Research Foundation will be hosting Updates on Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma as part of their Ask the Doctor series. Timothy Call, from the Mayo Clinic is the featured speaker. You can find out more information and register here. Dinner will be served and there is no charge to attend.
Heads Up! The CLL Society has become aware of a series of unbranded (no specific drug discussion) patient education meetings coming up in October and November. CLL patients will share their personal stories, and local CLL experts will be providing a talk on the basics of CLL. A complimentary meal will be provided and parking is free. You are welcome to bring a guest.
One member of the CLL Society will be at each meeting to show a brief video and give a talk about the impact support and education groups have had on their CLL journey. We will provide practical tips and support for setting up a local CLL group and will stay afterwards to meet with attendees who may be interested in participating in a support group in those areas. We look forward to meeting you there. The next 5 confirmed meetings are:
- Tuesday, October 11th in Bloomington, MN. More details in the flyer. Access it here.
- Tuesday, October 25th in Golden, CO. More details in the flyer. Access it here.
- Saturday, October 29th in San Francisco, CA. More details in the flyer. I’ll be there too. Access it here.
- Thursday, November 10th in Metairie, LA. More details in the flyer. Access it here.
- Wednesday, November 16th in Austin, TX. More details in the flyer. Access it here.
In the meantime….
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD