On Saturday, we had the pleasure of hosting the 2nd Annual Post-ASH CLL Patient Forum at City of Hope Medical Center in Duarte, CA. Over 55 patients and caregivers joined us and the feedback was very positive. We are so appreciative of the time spent by Dr. Steven Rosen, Dr. Tanya Siddiqi and Jennifer Drew, MSW from COH, Leila Evangelista from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and Terry Evans and Stephen Feldman from The CLL Society , and of course, all of those folks who were behind the scenes helping to make this meeting a success. Thank you to our presenters, our supporters and to those who attended. It was great to see you!. Thank you!
These last few weeks have been so busy that today we are not posting a new article on the website this week, but rather we’ll give you a heads up about what we’ll be posting in the last 2016 issue of The CLL Tribune next week.
- Ask & Tell – We’ll be posting the ASH poster that we presented a few weeks ago and we’ll be asking patients about their experiences with any testing they’ve received prior to or after treatment
- Ask the Doctor – Richard Furman, MD from our Medical Advisory Board answers readers’ questions
- The Basics will focus on autoimmune cytopenias, like AIHA and ITP
- Beyond The Basics will focus on Richter’s Transformation in CLL
- Did You Know – the ever popular section on key facts in CLL
- Conference Coverage – An interview with John Pagel from ASH 2016 discussing maintenance therapy
- Living Well with CLL – 5 articles exploring topics such as Watch and Wait, what caregivers should know, and a light-hearted article called “You Never Know.”
Newly-Forming CLL-Specific Support Groups
Don’t want to meet at night? We have heard from many who are interested in CLL Support Groups that they prefer not to drive after dark. If that is your preference and HAVE NOT completed the survey because it did not offer that option, we now have that option included. Click on the City to sign up and tell us about your preferences as we work to get them started. We apologize for not offering that option initially.
IF you have ALREADY completed a survey and would like to meet during the day, EMAIL us at email@example.com and let us know the preferred Days/Times and which city. We’ll do our best to accommodate everyone.
In the meantime….
Enjoy the Holidays!
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD