This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
At the CLL Society Post ASH Patient Educational Forum in Dec., 2016 held at the City of Hope, I had the pleasure of interviewing one of the speakers, Leila Evangelista, the Patient Access Manager for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or LLS that does so much good work not just for the CLL community, but for all those whose lives have been touched by blood cancers.
Some of their outstanding free services include:
- Access to information specialists to help with disease-related questions.
- Support groups for patients and caregivers with any blood cancer or lymphoma. In contrast, the CLL Society offers support and education groups that are specific to patients and caregivers with CLL/SLL.
- 1st Connection which a program that links you to a peer.
- Regional Blood Cancer Educational Conferences that have breakout sessions on specific cancers, including CLL
- Financial assistance for co-pay and some other needs
Brian Koffman, MD 3-14-17