This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
Last week we published the latest issue of The CLL Tribune. We’re so grateful to the patients and physicians who share their experiences and expertise to enrich our CLL Society community. If you would like to share your story, or have ideas for future articles, please reach out to us.
This week we would again like to highlight the content from The CLL Tribune and off you the opportunity to provide feedback/suggestions/comments in our 1 question Reader Poll. You can access the survey here.
Please enjoy the articles and interviews from the Q1 2017 issue of The CLL Tribune:
- Read/view an interview with Dr. John Seymour about New BTK Inhibitors in CLL from ASH 2016 in Conference Coverage.
- Read answers to reader questions by Dr. Rick Furman in Ask the Doctor
- In Brian Koffman’s article find out what you can tell from a simple blood count about the amount of CLL in your blood found in The Basics Section
- In Beyond the Basics, learn more about Stem Cell Transplantation in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Who, What, When and Why Aren’t More Patients Transplanted? in a patient-friendly article written by Dr. John Pagel from the Swedish Cancer Institute.
- Learn new facts about CLL in the Did You Know section
- In Ask & Tell, read the results from the last Reader Poll about testing performed before treatment.
- In Living Well with CLL section, you can read about:
Patient Support Meetings this week
Wednesday, April 5th in San Diego, CA: the UCSD CLL Support Group will be meeting at 4:00 PM. More information can be found here.
Thursday, April 6th in New City, NY: The CLL Information & Support Group of Rockland County NY will be meeting at 7:00 PM. More information can be found here.
Saturday, April 8th in Orlando, FL: The Orlando CLL Support Group, sponsored by the CLL Society will be meeting at 2 PM. More information can be found here.
Sunday, April 9th in Albany, NY: The CLL Support Group of Albany will be meeting at 12 Noon. More information can be found here.
If you’re interested in joining a CLL-specific support group, click HERE to access the interest survey for your city. Thanks!
Upcoming Patient Education Meetings Can Be Found HERE
In the meantime….
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD