This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
Last week we published the latest issue of The CLL Tribune. We’re so grateful to the patients and physicians who share their experiences and expertise to enrich our CLL Society community. If you would like to share your story, or have ideas for future articles, please reach out to us.
This week we would again like to highlight the content from The CLL Tribune and offer caregivers the opportunity to provide feedback/suggestions/comments in our Reader Poll. You can access the survey here.
Please enjoy the articles and interviews from the Q2 2017 issue of The CLL Tribune:
- Read/view an interview with Dr. George Follows about Late Resistance to Ibrutinib from ASH 2016 in Conference Coverage.
- Read answers to reader questions by Dr. Rick Furman in Ask the Doctor
- In Dr. Deborah Stephen’s article find out how best to prevent infection following a diagnosis with CLL in The Basics Section
- In Beyond the Basics, learn more about navigating in the global clinical trials website, clinicaltrials.gov.
- Learn new facts about CLL in the Did You Know section
- In Ask & Tell, we’re looking to learn more about the caregiver experience and how the CLL Society can better help them in their role supporting the CLL patient. Please encourage your caregiver to take a few minutes to share with us how we might better support them.
- In Living Well with CLL section, you can read about:
- I Thought I was Pre-Disastered
- My Eight Year Journey with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia – Part One… Treatments
- 10 Months on Ibrutinib – the Odyssey Continues.
- Finding the Right Treatment for CLL Takes a Lot of Study, Timing and Some Luck!! (A cautionary account of a tricky year…)
- The Role of the Pharmacist in CLL
CLL Patient Support Group Meetings Coming Up
- Wednesday, July 5th at 4 PM in San Diego, CA – the UCSD CLL Education and Support Group will be meeting. More information here.
- Thursday, July 6th at 7 PM in New City, NY – The CLL Information & Support Group of Rockland County NY, sponsored by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society will be meeting. More information here.
- Saturday, July 8th at 2 PM in Orlando, FL – The Orlando CLL Support Group, sponsored by the CLL Society will be meeting. More information here.
- Monday, July 10th at 6 PM in Indianapolis, IN – The CLL and Indolent Blood Cancers Support Group will be meeting. More information here.
- Tuesday, July 11th at 7 PM in Orange, CA – The Orange County CLL Patient Support Group, sponsored by the CLL Society will be meeting. More information here.
ALSO – We are actively forming CLL-specific support groups in a number of cities around the country. Recently added: Central Massachusetts. To see if your city is one of them, click here and select the interest survey for your city. Not listed, but interested in starting one? Email us at email@example.com Thanks!
CLL Patient Education Meetings
- Monday, July 10th at 5 PM in Rochester, NY – You and Your CLL in 2017 and Beyond – a free CLL patient educational forum being held at the Wilmot Cancer Center. Find out more information here.
- Wednesday, July 12th at 1 PM ET – the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is hosting a web/teleconference patient education program Living with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Danielle Brander from Duke University will be the featured speaker. Register and find out more information here.
- Saturday, July 22nd from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM in Atlanta, GA– The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society invites you to attend their Georgia Blood Cancer Conference, a free education event for blood cancer patients, family members, caregivers and healthcare professionals. There will be a breakout session focused on CLL. Pre-registration is required. Find out more information and register here.
- Thursday, August 10th from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM in Philadelphia, PA – The Lymphoma Research Foundation invites you to attend a FREE dinner meeting Ask the Doctor: Updates on Lymphoma and Treatment Options at the Sheraton Philadelphia Society Hill Hotel in Philadelphia, PA featuring Anthony Mato, MD from the Abramson Cancer Center and a member of the CLL Society Medical Advisory Board. Find out more information and register here.
In the meantime….
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD