In May at the iwCLL meeting in Manhattan, I met up with a good friend and fellow CLL patient from Australia, Deb Sims. We chatted about her amazing story and the 100,000s of airline miles she has logged to participate in a clinical trial with venetoclax in London to knock back her aggressive form of CLL. You can read the article, listen to the interview and read the transcript here.
CLL Patient Support Group Meetings Coming Up
- Tuesday, Aug 1st at 7 PM in Tucker, GA – The Tucker Family Support Group, sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will be meeting. More information here.
- Wednesday, August 2nd at 4 PM in San Diego, CA – The USCD CLL Support and Education Group will be meeting. More information here.
- Thursday, August 3rd at 7 PM in New City, NY – The CLL Information & Support Group of Rockland County NY, sponsored by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, will be meeting. More information here.
- Monday, August 7th at 6 PM in Indianapolis, IN – the CLL and Indolent Blood Cancers Support Group will be meeting. More information here.
- Tuesday, August 8th at 7 PM in Orange, CA – the Orange County CLL Support Group, sponsored by the CLL Society will be meeting. More information here.
ALSO – We are actively forming CLL-specific support groups in a number of cities around the country. There has been interest in forming support groups in the following cities: Syracuse, NY, Austin, TX, Greensboro NC and Central Massachusetts. Complete the interest survey and let’s see if we can get one going! See what other cities are looking to form support groups by clicking here. Not listed, but interested in starting one? Email us at email@example.com Thanks!
CLL Patient Education Meetings
Saturday, September 16th from 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM in Salt Lake City, UT – In partnership with the Huntsman Cancer Institute and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), the CLL Society invites you to attend our informational CLL Patient Education Forum. Featured speakers include Deborah Stephens, DO, John Sweetenham, MD, Katie Barker, RD, CD from Huntsman, Ben Fogel representing LLS, and Brian Koffman, MD and Terry Evans from the CLL Society. This event is free, but registration is required.
In the meantime….
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD