This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
September is Blood Cancer Awareness Month (#BLAM)
September 15 was World Lymphoma Awareness Day (#WLAD)
The CLL Society along with other blood cancer organizations have been busy on Facebook and Twitter bringing news about cancer in general and blood cancers such as:
- If pooled together, blood cancers would be the 4th most common form of cancer.
- There is some disagreement in the nomenclature, but there are over 30 different types of lymphoma alone.
- CLL is the most common leukemia and the number of new cases and total cases is growing.
- CLL is both a leukemia and a subtype of non-Hodgkin’s ymphoma
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the USA and approaching heart disease as the leading killer.
Originally published in The CLL Tribune Q3 2017.