This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
We wanted to let everyone know that we have been monitoring the Coronavirus spread and recommendations on travel. Currently, there are no recommendations for domestic travel restrictions for US and Canada. The WHO and CDC do not recommend any restrictions for the New York City area (where our next Patient & Caregiver Educational Forum is scheduled for March 7) or North America as a whole.
Our plans now are for our Patient & Caregiver Educational Forums to proceed as scheduled. Please contact the team at Support@CLLSociety.org, if you have any questions.
We have made the following accommodations for our attendees:
- We will be supplying hand sanitizer, please use it often.
- We are switching to box meals to avoid shared serving utensils.
We also offer the following recommendations:
- Please stay home if you are feeling ill or have recently returned from a high-risk area.
- In addition to hand sanitizer, it is always recommended that you frequently wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Don’t shake hands. Use elbow bumps or the Wuhan shake (foot touching) rather than handshakes.
Please use your own best judgment as this is a changing situation. For the latest from the CDC, please see: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
We are trying to be prudent and not over or under react. As always, your health and safety is our highest priority.