On the last day of ASH 2019, Dr. John Byrd from Ohio State University discusses what answers he is wishing for that are still unanswered for CLL patients.
Here is his partial list:
- Which is the best BTK inhibitor?
- Is fixed duration better than continuous therapy?
- How can we get better treatments for Richter’s Transformation?
- Can we get more trials for Richter’s?
- Now that we are living longer, what are the survivorship issues?
Please enjoy this short interview of Dr. John Byrd by Patty Koffman, the CLL Society’s Communication Director from ASH 2019. Despite all the progress and excitement, Dr. Byrd riffs on the unmet needs in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and how his practice has changed since patients are living longer.
Stay strong. We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman MDCM (retired) MS Ed
Co-Founder, Executive VP and Chief Medical Officer
CLL Society, Inc.