COVID Patient Support Program Extension: Free Medication from Bristol Myer Squibb (BMS)
These are tough times. In a generous effort to help, Bristol Myer Squibb (BMS) is offering free medications to all those who qualify (eligible unemployed patients in the U.S. who have lost their health insurance due to the COVID-19 pandemic through the first six months of 2021). Though they have no drugs approved at this time to treat CLL, CLL patients may have other illness or have family or friends who might benefit from this program.
Moreover, it is a reminder to check with any and all manufacturers to see if they can help with medication costs. Most do have programs that can help. We have a partial list here. It can take some effort, and is not always successful, but sometimes there are happy endings. And you will never know if you don’t try. Here is a link to other potential non-industry sources of financial assistance.
Below is the letter we received with the details for this remarkable COVID inspired program. It contains links to a downloadable file with a list of covered meds and Q+A.
Dear Advocacy Partners,
As you know, many continue to face challenges resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, including loss of health insurance and other financial stress. Therefore, we are pleased to share that the expanded patient support program that Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) initially offered in April 2020 has been extended. In addition to our BMS patient support programs and the BMS Patient Assistance Foundation, we will continue to help eligible unemployed patients in the U.S. who have lost their health insurance due to the COVID-19 pandemic through the first six months of 2021.
BMS and the Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation are committed to meeting the needs of patients during crises and have a record of doing so. Our expansion of existing U.S. patient support programs is representative of our aspiration to ‘leave no patients behind.’
Highlights are captured below but for detailed Q&As around the program extension, please click here.
- We expanded existing patient support programs to help eligible unemployed patients in the U.S. who have lost their health insurance due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The expanded program offers access to Bristol Myers Squibb medicine for free, including some of its most widely prescribed products, as well as those prescribed via telehealth services (see complete list of medicines here.
- The expansion of our existing U.S. patient support programs builds on other relief measures BMS and the independent Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation already have made.
Additional PSP features include:
- Immediate access for patients who have lost their employment and health insurance
- A simple, single point of entry
- Streamlined enrollment process
- Vouchers to assist with continuity of care for several self-administered BMS medicines, for eligible patients
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.