This content was current as of the date it was released. In science and medicine, information is constantly changing and may become out-of-date as new data emerge.
Recorded Thursday, December 2, 2021
While vaccines may be the best solution to the COVID-19 pandemic for the majority, CLL patients need an additional solution as vaccine response is variable and often impaired. Learn about monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) directed against the virus that causes COVID-19, which may be our best answer from Dr. Shahzad Mustafa, an immunology expert, and CLL Society’s own Dr. Brian Koffman and Robyn Brumble, RN.
Turn closed captioning on by mousing over the video and clicking on the CC button at the bottom.
Co-Founder and Communications Director
Brian Koffman, MDCM (retired), MS Ed
Co-Founder, Executive Vice President, and Chief Medical Officer, CLL Society
S. Shahzad Mustafa, MD
Lead Physician – Allergy, Immunology, & Rheumatology
Rochester Regional Health
Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
Robyn Brumble, MSN, RN
Director of Scientific Affairs & Research,
This program was made possible by grant support from Adaptive Biotechnologies, Bristol Myers Squibb, Pharmacyclics, Janssen, and Regeneron.
CLL Society Resources
- Download Slides
- COVID-19 Webpage
- COVID-19 Plan: Checklists for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) Preparing for Pre and Post COVID-19 Exposure
- Monoclonal Antibodies for CLL and Other High-Risk Patients Who Test Positive for COVID-19
- Explaining to Family and Friends Why the General CDC Guidelines for Those Vaccinated Against COVID-19 Do Not Apply to Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Patients
- CLL Society’s Official Statement Concerning SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine in CLL patients 3/26/2021
- CLL Society’s Official COVID-19 Triage Statement
- CLL Patients and Protection against COVID-19: Passive and Active Immunity
- CDC Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People and What it Means for CLL Patients
- Sign up for CLL Society Alert Emails
- CLL Society Support Groups