Performing a COVID-19 Risk Assessment: Understanding What Has Changed Now That the Government Response Has Scaled Down
Tuesday, June 27, 2023
10:30 AM – 12 PM PT, 11:30 AM – 1 PM MT, 12:30 – 2 PM CT, 1:30 – 3 PM ET
(duration 90 minutes)
While the Public Health Emergency for COVID-19 has ended, the pandemic itself has not yet been declared over. Although thankfully hospitalizations and death rates have been declining, the virus continues to mutate and spread.
Join Dr. Ghady Haidar, Dr. Brian Koffman, and Robyn Brumble, MSN, RN as they examine the current state of the pandemic, review available and upcoming clinical trials for COVID-19, and discuss in greater detail how to best perform a personal risk assessment now that public health data are lacking. They will also talk about the subject of protracted COVID-19 infection and how to best manage this situation if it should happen to you.
The presentation portion of this webinar will be brief as the majority of the event will be dedicated to answering audience questions about COVID-19 and CLL/SLL.
Submit Questions in Advance:
You may ask your question in advance of the event by emailing [email protected] by June 23rd. Please include “COVID-19 Virtual Event” in the subject line.
Questions submitted in advance are provided to the speakers in preparation for the event. Questions that are applicable to more than one person and written more broadly have a higher chance of being asked during the live event by the moderator.
Infectious Disease Specialist, Assistant Professor of Medicine Director of Research, Bone Marrow Transplant and Hematological Malignancy Infectious Diseases, Program Director of the Transplant Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program, University of Pittsburgh
Brian Koffman, MDCM (retired), MS Ed
Co-Founder, Executive Vice President, and Chief Medical Officer, CLL Society
Robyn Brumble, MSN, RN
Director of Scientific Affairs & Research, CLL Society
This program was made possible by generous donors and grant support from AstraZeneca.
CLL Society Resources
- COVID-19 Action Plan: Checklists to Prepare for Pre and Post COVID-19 Exposure
- COVID-19 Weekly Updates
- CLL Society’s Official Statement on Mask Wearing in Healthcare Settings
- CLL Society’s Official COVID-19 Triage Statement
- CLL Society’s Official Statement on Evusheld, Boosters, and COVID-19 Therapies
- The Most Recent COVID-19 Vaccination Schedule for CLL/SLL Patients
- ASH 2022: Dr. Andrew Rawstron on B Cells and Antibody Responses to COVID-19 Vaccination in Patients Who Are in Watch and Wait with Untreated CLL
- Sign up for CLL Society Weekly Emails
- CLL Society Support Groups