Current Funding Opportunities
*The 2023 Application Cycle is Now Closed. Announcements Regarding Grant Opportunities for 2024 will be posted in September, 2023. Please check back at that time.*
2023 Young Investigator Award
CLL Society’s second annual Young Investigator Award which will fund the research efforts of an investigator who is focused solely on topics specific to CLL/SLL.
Goal: To foster the academic career development of scientists who are young in their careers, and to encourage the next generation of scientific leaders to perform research that is specific to CLL/SLL. This award also encourages research institutions to promote a collaborative approach to research.
Proposals will be prioritized that include research focused on the following four identified critical areas of unmet needs as designated by CLL Society:
- Disease progression after receiving BTK inhibitors and BCL-2 inhibitors (double refractory disease)
- Richter’s transformation
- The need to strengthen or reconstitute the impaired immune system
- Curative therapies for CLL/SLL
Proposals should also take into consideration the following CLL Society Research Program Objectives:
- Develop a better understanding of CLL/SLL genesis, progression, and transformation.
- Identify new or improve existing treatment options.
- Elucidate the nature of and determine methods for reducing associated morbidity and mortality arising from immune dysfunction and other complications in CLL/SLL.
- Minimize inequities in overall survivorship, treatment options, and access to care for all patients through promoting greater diversity in research and forming a greater understanding of the presentation of CLL/SLL in various demographic groups.
- Realize an overall improvement in outcomes for all CLL/SLL patients.
Request for Letters of Intent: Applicants should submit their Letter of Intent through ProposalCentral’s application portal no later than December 26th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. Letters of Intent will not be received after this date/time. Applicants will be notified whether or not to then submit their full research proposals by January 11th, 2023.
Request for Full Research Proposals: Those applicants who have been notified that their Letter of Intent have been reviewed and they can now progress to submitting their full proposals through ProposalCentral’s application portal should do so no later than February 13th, 2023, at Noon EST. Any applications received after this date/time will not be considered. Incomplete applications will also not be considered.
Budget: The Young Investigator Award will be in the amount of $150,000 dollars dispersed in three annual payments of $50,000. Funding should be used to support the Grantee’s salary, with a maximum allowable institutional overhead of 10%. It is expected that the hosting institution (and/or additional supporting grants) will cover expenses for research consumables, equipment, and all other incidental costs required for the project.
Required Documents: Please read through the Application Instructions and Program Guidelines documents in full prior to beginning the application process.
Letter of Intent Deadline
Full Research Proposal Submission Deadline
Notification of Award Status
2023 Grant Term Begins
November 1, 2022
December 26, 2022 (by 11:59 PM EST)
February 13, 2023 (by Noon EST)
May 15, 2023
July 3, 2023