Current Funding Opportunities
Note: The 2022 Young Investigator Award application window is now closed. Please check back later in the year for information surrounding the 2023 award cycle.
The 2022 Young Investigator Award
CLL Society is proud to announce our first annual Young Investigator Award, which will fund the research efforts of an investigator who is focused solely on topics specific to CLL/SLL.
Goal: To foster the academic career development of scientists who are young in their careers and to encourage the next generation of scientific leaders to perform research that is specific to CLL/SLL. This award also encourages research institutions to promote a collaborative approach to research.
Proposals will be prioritized that include research focused on the following four identified critical areas of unmet needs by CLL Society:
- Disease progression after receiving BTK inhibitors and BCL-2 inhibitors (double refractory disease)
- Richter’s transformation
- The need to strengthen or reconstitute the impaired immune system
- Curative therapies for CLL/SLL
Proposals should also take into consideration the following CLL Society Research Program Objectives:
- Develop a better understanding of CLL/SLL genesis, progression, and transformation.
- Identify new or improve existing treatment options.
- Elucidate the nature of and determine methods for reducing associated morbidity and mortality arising from immune dysfunction and other complications in CLL/SLL.
- Minimize inequities in overall survivorship, treatment options, and access to care for all patients through promoting greater diversity in research and forming a greater understanding of the presentation of CLL/SLL in various demographic groups.
- Realize an overall improvement in outcomes for all CLL/SLL patients.
Request for Applications: Applicants should submit their research proposals through the application portal no later than April 1, 2022, at 5:00 PM PST. Any applications received after this date/time will not be considered. Incomplete applications will also not be considered.
Budget: The Young Investigator Award will be in the amount of $150,000 dollars dispersed in three annual payments of $50,000. Funding should be used to support the Grantee’s salary, with a maximum allowable institutional overhead of 10%. It is expected that the hosting institution (and/or additional supporting grants) will cover expenses for research consumables, equipment, and all other incidental costs required for the project.
Full Application Deadline
Notification of Award
Grant Term Begins
January 17, 2022
April 1, 2022 (by 5:00 PM PST)
June 7, 2022
July 1, 2022