The varied educational activities offered by CLL Society are your opportunities to learn basic information, dive deep into specific topics, or stay abreast of cutting-edge news and research presented in the form of webinars, educational forums, and other learning modules.
Recorded Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Treating CLL/SLL is a little like a chess game, as one needs to always be thinking a few moves ahead. Most treatments for CLL/SLL are not curative, and when relapse occurs it is important to have a plan in place with some options that can knock back the disease again.
Join CLL/SLL expert Dr. Susan O’Brien, and 20-year CLL survivor Terry Evans, as they explain the CLL/SLL treatment landscape, what is known and unknown, and describe how to better participate in shared decision-making with your healthcare provider by increasing your knowledge and having a plan in place for your future treatment moves.
Introduction to CLL and Newly Diagnosed
- The Importance of Front-Loading Your Knowledge During the Early Journey of CLL/SLL
- Just Diagnosed: What Do I Need to Know?
- Understanding How Biomarkers Help Guide Treatment Decisions for Those with CLL/SLL
- Health and Wellness: Beyond the Medicine Cabinet
- Global Virtual Patient & Caregiver Educational Forum
- Huntsman 5th Annual Patient & Caregiver Educational Forum
- Getting Maximum Benefit from Doctor Appointments
- Learning to Decode Your Blood Test Results for CLL
- CLL Society Ed Forum On Demand: The Right Tests at the Right Time
- CLL Society Webinar: A Psychological Perspective: Dealing with the CLL Emotional Roller Coaster
- CLL Society Patient Education Forum at the City of Hope, January 11, 2020
CLL Treatments and Breaking Research
- Playing CLL/SLL Chess: Planning Your Therapy Moves
- Webcast Podcast – Deep Dive into Five: Planning Your Therapy Moves
- CAR-T and Other Cellular Therapies in CLL: The Present and Future
- The Evolving Role of BTKi’s in CLL
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- ASH 2021 Comes to You!
- ASH 2022 Comes to You!
- CLL Society Ed Forum On Demand: ASH 2020 Comes to You
- CAR-T Ed Forum: The Basic Science and Latest Data
- The Future of CAR-T Therapy: Can CAR-T Cure CLL?
- Revisiting PI3K Inhibitors for the Treatment of CLL: Are They Living Up to Their Promise?
- MRD: What Should It Mean to Me?
- Ask Me Anything: Featuring Dr. Brian Hill and Jeff Folloder (a Facebook Live Event)
- Ask Me Anything: Featuring Dr. Brian Koffman and Michele Nadeem-Baker (a Facebook Live Event)
- Ask Me Anything: Featuring Dr. Nicole Lamanna and Doreen Zetterlund (a Facebook Live Event)
- Being Your Own Cancer Advocate
- Money Matters: Help Is There to Prevent Financial Toxicity
- Giving Care to the Caregiver
- Veterans with CLL: How to Get the Benefits and Care You Deserve
- Planning Ahead: Being Prepared for End of Life
- The Changing Face of COVID-19: What it Means for the Immunocompromised – January 12, 2023
- It’s Not Over Yet: The Ongoing Impact of COVID-19 for Those with CLL/SLL – August 24, 2022
- Is There Good News Ahead? Update on Omicron and Beyond Available Therapies for COVID-19 – March 19, 2022
- COVID-19: Are Monoclonal Antibodies What the CLL Community Has Been Waiting For? – December 2, 2021
- The Delta Variant and Staying Protected — September 24, 2021
- Contagion, Variants, and Vaccines — March 26, 2021
- Managing Re-Entry — June 18, 2020
- Overview of Current Information Available — April 17, 2020
- Overview of Current Information Available — April 3, 2020
- Overview of Current Information Available — March 27, 2020
Additional Education Not to Miss from Our Partners
- Fine-Tuning the Wave of Innovation in CLL: Personalized Models for Upfront and Sequential Care with Groundbreaking Treatment
- Rewriting the Treatment Script in CLL: Guidance on Integrating Modern Targeted and Next-Gen Options Into Patient Care
- Hope is Here in CLL: Oncology Nurse Strategies for Delivering Effective, Compassionate, and Modern Care to Patients
- Immunocompromised: Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic While Living with CLL
- Why Do These Matter in CLL: Long-Term Data, Side-Effect Management, and Staying Healthy?
- Achieving Innovation in CLL Care Evidence-Informed Choices with Targeted Options and Next Steps in Disease Management
- Making Modern Treatment Choices in CLL
- Interprofessional Perspectives on Safety Management with Targeted Therapy for B-Cell Malignancies
- Optimizing Decision-Making for CLL in an Era of Novel Agents
- Smarter. Stronger. Together. Progressing Toward Optimal CLL Care Through Healthcare Professional and Patient Education
BROWSE ALL EDUCATION
When appropriate, the CLL Society will be posting updates and background information on the present Coronavirus pandemic focusing on reliable primary sources of information and avoiding most of the news that is not directly from reliable medical experts or government and world health agencies.