Apply for a Grant
Applicants are highly encouraged to fully review the Application Instructions and Research Program Guidelines prior to starting the application process. A Letter of Intent phase is required as part of the application process.
Applicants will need to first create an account in ProposalCentral, search for the CLL Society grant, and then apply by completing demographic information and answering two questions. Please be prepared to describe (in 100 words or less) how this award will prepare you to become an independent investigator with a focus in CLL research, as well as (in 150 words or less) provide a short summary of the proposal. No documents are required to be uploaded for the Letter of Intent phase.
For the Full Application phase, multiple documents are required (uploaded electronically in pdf format through the ProposalCentral portal). Please see the Application Instructions for further details surrounding the required documents.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Grant funds will be disbursed following the execution of the final grant agreement between the Grantee, the Grantee’s Institution, and CLL Society. The following items are covered in greater detail within the Research Program Guidelines linked above and within the Grant Recipient Agreement that will be shared with the selected Awardee upon the notification of award:
- The 2023 Young Investigator Award research grant will support a research project with a three-year timeframe for completion, with an annual non-competitive renewal.
- This award provides up to a maximum of $150,000, distributed in $50,000 annual increments over a term of three years.
- Funds should primarily be used for the Grantee’s salary. This award does not provide salary support for anyone other than the Grantee.
- The use of funds for travel and capital equipment costs is not permitted. No exceptions.
- All other support received for the research project (pending and awarded) must be detailed within the application, and any funding overlap must be clearly indicated.
- Indirect costs and overhead are limited to 10% of the total annual award amount.
- Purchase of equipment, technical assistance, supplies, capital equipment, support staff, etc. are not supported by this grant.
- Grantees and their affiliated Institutions are required to submit periodic progress reports to CLL Society.
- The Grantee is expected to share their research findings with the scientific community in a timely fashion through presentations at professional meetings and publications in scientific journals when applicable.
- CLL Society requests acknowledgment of the grant in any presentations and/or publications by the Grantee and/or Grantee’s Institution.
- The Grantee’s Institution will agree to indemnify CLL Society solely with respect to claims relating to the grant award, and all research supported by this grant must be conducted in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Awards to an institution will terminate should the Grantee depart from the Grantee’s Institution but can be re-initiated/transferred to an alternate institution subject to CLL Society’s approval.
- Should the Grantee and/or their affiliated Institution fail to meet policies, procedures, and/or ongoing requirements of this grant, CLL Society reserves the right to rescind the annual follow-up grant renewal award(s).
- Recipients of CLL Society’s Research Program Grants are expected to act in accordance with CLL Society’s statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion. All studies must be conducted in a non-discriminatory manner and be non-exclusive in nature.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. All required application documents must be submitted through the ProposalCentral application portal. Please do not email or mail paper applications. Any incomplete submissions or applications received after the LOI deadline of December 26th, 2022, at 11:59 PM PST will not be considered. ADA accommodations are available upon request.
Contact: Questions that are not addressed after reading through the Application Instructions and the Research Program Guidelines should be submitted to [email protected]