Get The Best Care for Your Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
The CLL Society Inc. is a patient–centric, physician–curated nonprofit organization focused on
patient education, support, and research. Dedicated to addressing the unmet needs of the Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) community,
our goal is to provide real, recent and relevant information and to be the “go to place” for CLL patients and caregivers.
What’s New in CLL?
- Welcome to the Fourth 2019 Issue of The CLL Society Tribune!
- #8 Surviving CLL is only part of the story if we are going to succumb to second cancers. This ASCO abstract studies second cancers in CLL patients on ibrutinib or acalabrutib.
- In his #7 of the top 10 CLL abstracts from ASH, Dr. Koffman reviews the encouraging data on the benefits of transplants for Richter’s Transformations.
- Guest writer, Brian Maxson is a CLL patient and an inquisitive engineer who lays out the points Dr. Stilgenbauer made at the ERIC meeting about the timely topic of sequential versus combination therapies in CLL.
- Dr. Koffman chooses his top 10 CLL related abstracts from ASCO 2019 and counts them down over the next few weeks. #10 is Cognitive function in CLL/ Examining effects of disease, treatment, and inflammation.
- CLL changes the immune pathways for its own benefit and to our detriment. However, that does suggest that immune therapies targeting those changes may be helpful. For more on this technical subject from one of Dr. Koffman’s top ten CLL abstracts from ASCO 2019, read and watch here.