Get The Best Care for Your Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
The CLL Society Inc. is a patient–centric, physician–curated nonprofit organization focused on
patient education, support, and research. Dedicated to addressing the unmet needs of the Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) community,
our goal is to provide real, recent and relevant information and to be the “go to place” for CLL patients and caregivers.
What’s New in CLL?
- CMS approves CAR-T therapy payment, but with significant strings attached
- ASH 2018: Seven years of positive ibrutinib data for CLL presented by principle investigator Dr. John Byrd
- We know that blocking BTK helps control CLL. Dr. Byrd shares the results of his trial of the second generation BTK inhibitor, acalabrutinib in treatment naïve CLL patients.
- PI3K inhibition is a powerful way to stop our CLL cells from growing. Dr. Pagel share some exciting research from ASH 2018 on this effective class of drugs with advice about how to best handle potential side effects.
- Though I am retired so I can focus exclusively on the CLL Society, I will always be a family doctor. Here are my reflections on this life changing transition.
Access to a CLL expert is critical to ensure receiving the best possible care and has proven to improve survival. The CLL Society is launching a program to provide free second opinions for CLL patients who have not had or who are not able to secure such access. Find out more about this program.