Last week we published the latest issue of The CLL Tribune. We’re so grateful to the patients, caregivers and physicians who share their experience and expertise to enrich our CLL Society community. If you would like to share your story, or have ideas for future articles, please reach out to us.
This week we would again like to highlight the content from The CLL Tribune and also request that you take 2 minutes to answer our 5 question Reader Poll in the Ask &Tell section to help us understand patient’s experiences with testing prior to treatment. You can access the survey here.
Did you participate in the Q1 2016 Reader Poll in The CLL Tribune? In our Ask & Tell section of The CLL Tribune, we have posted the ASH Poster based on that data. Take a look. You can view it and download it here.
Please enjoy the articles and interviews from the Q4 2016 issue of The CLL Tribune:
- Read/view an interview with Dr. John Pagel about maintenance therapy in CLL from ASH 2016 in Conference Coverage.
- Read answers to reader questions by Dr. Rick Furman in Ask the Doctor
- Learn about low blood counts that occur when your body attacks its own blood cells in Brian Koffman’s article Autoimmune Problems in CLL found in The Basics Section
- In Beyond the Basics, learn more about the Richter Syndrome in a patient-friendly article written by Dr. Adrian Wiestner from the National Institutes of Health.
- Learn new facts about CLL in the Did You Know section
- In Living Well with CLL section, you can read about:
Patient Support Meetings this week
Tonight, January 3rd in Tucker, GA: LLS Family Support Group at 7:00 PM. More information can be found here.
Wednesday night, January 4th in San Diego, CA: UCSD CLL Support Group at 4:00 PM. More information can be found here.
Thursday, January 5th in New City, NY: The CLL Information & Support Group of Rockland County NY will be meeting at 7:00 PM. More information can be found here.
If you’re interested in joining a CLL-specific support group, go to our home page and click on the interest survey for your city. Thanks!
Upcoming Patient Education Meeting
- Monday, January 30th from 6 – 7:30 PM, John Byrd will present Ask the Expert: The Treatment Landscape for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. This event is available both in person and streaming. Pre-registration is required. Visit https://treatmentlandscapecll.eventbrite.com to register or for more information, please call JamesCare for Life at 614-293-6428. Access the flyer here.
In the meantime….
We are all in this together.
Brian Koffman, MD